Saturday 21 March 2009

Equinox -balance and stillness

I always think the equinoxes are a time to balance - take a breath - pause and take in the scenery before the wheel plunges on with its relentless forward motion. There always seems so much to do around this time - the sap is rising in us and everything around us, the decks need cleared, the seeds planted, houses spring cleaned.



I have only barely paused long enough this year to acknowledge that searching for a brief moment of stillness is a worthwhile goal. Today I didn't even stop long enough for twenty minutes of being time --much too busy being a human-doing.


1 comment:

  1. I really love this expression!

    "Today I didn't even stop long enough for twenty minutes of being time --much too busy being a human-doing"

    In it I find myself all too much of My Time!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete