Sunday 15 March 2009

pausing, stopping, paying attention

The starting point of the Alexander Technique is stopping. And stopping, doing nothing is not as easy as it seems. This is a quote from a guided meditiation tape by my teacher, Glen Park ( author of The Art of Changing).

I have gotten out of the habit of lying semi-supine. I have all sorts of excuses, the floors are too cold in winter, and often there isn't room to put up the massage bed, which is the most unportable portable thing ever, and I can't manage to put it up without help.

And now I really struggle to lie still and quiet for more than five minutes before the ants in my pants make me get up again.

Hence going back to first principles and listening to Glen's tape. The very fact that I'm finding it so hard to do means that it really is what I need to do most.

That and go for a top up lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment